Sunday, July 30, 2006

Invasion! (led by Moses' blurpy thing)

We were invaded yesterday! The day had been going along normally until the afternoon. That's what it started to get strange. My turbo-scratcher, feather toys and the big chair got moved into a corner of the living room and then new things came and got put in the room.



Then Dad picked up these funny-smelling things, put them to his mouth and blew them up! They were funny-shaped balls and fun to bat around. It would float in the air and I hit it with my paws and chase it and even picked it up in my mouth! Then it got stuck on the stairs and I went to pick it up again and it rolled and I bit down and there was a loud boom and it disappeared!


Then the door banged and Gran'ma came in (she 'dopted one of my brofurs) and her bag smelled good! Here I am inspectin' it.

It smelled like catnip, but there wasn't any in it.

And then.....the INVASION started! It was awful!

First came Moses' Mom and Dad.
AND THEY BROUGHT THE BLURPY THING!!!

That wasn't too bad, but then they took the blurpy thing out and let it go free! And then they brought it up to me to sniff, but it started smiling and grabbing me. If that wasn't bad enough, they got the feather toy to show off my athleticism (it was feathers, I couldn't resist) and the blurpy thing started making weird noises. They said it was laughing. Every time I ran by it, it laughed. Good thing it couldn't actually move, it just lay there on the floor wiggling.
It was pure torture, too and I let my displeasure be known. For the furst time ever, I moaned & growled!! (all I did at the v.e.t. was a tiny hiss).
And you should have smelled the blurpy thing! eeeyyyuuuuu! Hasn't someone given it odor-control litter? I love my Fresh Step (it's fun to play in, too)
And the stuff coming out of it's mouth-- disgusting, drooling...like a dog! (hmmm...any relation?)
I made sure to stay on the far end of the room from the blurpy thing, but they kept carrying it around so it would make those funny noises when it saw me.

Then the invasion continued and more humans arrived! My offur Gran'ma and Gran'pa-- from Catawba (They're owned by 3 kitties) and they brought food with them. And more humans kept coming! Mom told me I could go upstairs on the bed, but there was too many people! She got Bear and then picked me up and took me upstairs (why go myself when I can get carried?) where it was quiet. I sat up for a while listening to all the noise and finally took a nap with Bear.

- All the people. Mom's in the white shirt.
- the horrid blurpy thing, but Moses' Mom and Dad were okay.

Turns out it was a party for Mom's birthday.


It seemed like furr-ever, but finally the humans started leaving until only me, Mom, Dad, Moses' Mom & Dad and the blurpy thing were left. I decided it was safe to come downstairs. They all started playing something called, "Imagine If"-- and I kept hearing my name during it!
Luckily, the blurpy thing stayed in Moses' Mom's lap so it was safe for me to play with my stuff.

And, I discovered I like cake icing. And cantelope!

I'll post more about it later, but I'm still worn out from yesterday. And today I got another dose of Frontline, so I've been scratching off a coupla dead fleas. But I also got something new! Mom got me a treat called, Cat Greenies-- fish-flavored!! yummyyy!!!!

I don't think I like blurpy things.

So I took it out on the monkey.

8 comments:

Bravely Sir Robin said...

Isn't canteloupe the GREATEST thing?? I love to eat it even more than tuna!! Oh and I've heard about those blurpy things... I'm glad there's none around here, I've heard they even pull cats tails when they get older so be careful, okay??

Lone Star Purrs said...

OUr Momma werks wif the tiny blurpy things....she helps them get borned. Momma just had her 30th birthday not too long ago too! We usually hide when lots of people come ofur too.

Ayla said...

Ugh. Blurpy things? Sounds like a complete nightmare. Luckily the Mom doesn't bring any of those home. As for the balloons, you know they were bribing you with those right? They knew the blurpy thing was coming and wanted it to seem like a "happy" event by giving you the balloons to play with. Be careful little one.

Unknown said...

We don't want no blurpy thing at our house! But you survived it all - Good going, Nemo! Happy Birthday to your Mom!

The Crew said...

Well...that's good that you got to have cantelope. I really like that, too. But, be careful around that blurpy thing. Look what happened to Moses when she came!

Love,
Tipper

Gattina said...

Poor Nemo, all this visitors. I have four cats and they are all running away when there are guests and especially when there are toddlers or babies. Only one stays, Arthur my white cat. He has strong nerves and nothing bothers him not even toddlers. If you want to meet him it's on my two cat blogs http://gattinamycats.blogspot/com/
http://gattinamycat-arthur.blogspot/com

Shaggy and Scout said...

Nemo what a horrible awful day! Blurpy things with odors & strange noises and all that talking & noise in your house. We remember Blurpy from Moses blog, he seemed to like her but he still thought she was alien in origin too.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. 1986 bike freestyle peugeot Milf moveis own business card Goodyear allegra tire p195-6015 Compare dishwasher get patent product Exercise foot pilates Subaru injecter install daytona oral surgery Buying diamonds loose Virgina beach and chesapeake plastic surgeons Woodrow wilson senior high school los angeles ca