Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Ordeal

Day 1:
Strange stuff going on. The red boxes are getting stuffed with clothes and....oh, goody! Car ride! A bit suspicious because the carrier (aka prisoner transport system or pts) is in the car-- the car is stopped. Oh, no! I don't want to go in the carrier, we're at the "Pet-smart" place-- bad stuff happens there! Sure enough, I was taken to a strange room where this person CUT MY CLAWS!!!! I tried huddling, but they pulled me I just worked with looking scared. Strangely, that's all that happened this time- no shots!! Yay!! Then we went back to the car and home. And THEN-- MOM STARTED PACKING ALL MY STUFF!!!! All my toys got put in a box and my food dishes and then my litter box! And then we took a really really really long car ride. It was fun at first, then I started getting anxious and then we parked in some strange place and Mom took some of my stuff and left me alone in the car. She put the car right under a tree, though, so I got to watch the birds. Finally, she came out and got me and stuffed me in the pts and went into a new place filled with strange smells. Mom put me in a small room that had all my stuff set up in it and opened the door to the pts and let me out. I slowly came out, checked the food dishes and went under the bed. Mom and the strange lady (whom I now know is Gran'ma) shut the door and left me alone. That was ok for a while, then I got tired of being shut up and started to meowing to let them know. Mom let me out and I got to explore this place! (gran'ma's apartment)-- it's smaller than home, but I love the windows! They're even with the ground so everything's at eye level. I went sniffing and 'sploring and feeling more comfortable and then it happened. Mom left me there! (aka, I was abandoned). I was so shocked I didn't know what to do, I went back to my room and moped the rest of the night. The strange lady came in and I hissed at her- this was MY room now cuz all my stuff was in it.
Day 2:
There's another cat in here, I can smell him efurrywhere. The strange lady, who told me she's my Gran'ma, let me out for the whole day cuz the other kitty had to go someplace.
Day 3:
The other kitty's back. Gran'ma lets me out for a while, then shuts me in my room and lets the other kitty out. We've been sniffing each other all ofur the apartment and doing the sniffing-paw thing at the doors, but we haven't met yet.
Day 4:
Gran'ma opened the door and we saw each other! We hissed'n'growled. *sigh* She closed the door.
Day 5:
She opened the door again and we saw each other and fought for 5 hours!! There was a lot of chasing, hissing & growling and in the end we were too tired. I was under a table panting and he was under a chair panting. So we called it a draw. His name is Henry and he's gray. But if you look closely he's a tabby like me, he's got dark gray stripes that you can see if the light's right. Oh, and Gran'ma also told us that we're brofurs.
Day 6-?:
We're bestest buds now. We play all day long and have competitions'n'stuff. Like eating-- he starts eating, so I do, and then we see who gets stuffed first (that's the loser-- the winner is the one who eats the most). And he grooms my hard-to-reach places and I groom his hard-to-reach places and we sleep on Gran'ma together. And I taught him to jump on the counter-- Gran'ma's place sure is different than home! At home, I have to jump on the counter cuz that's where the window is. Turns out at Gran'ma's there's just a wall...but since I jumped up there, so did he. After many nappings'n'stuff, this strange lady came in-- her voice sounded funny and she kept making weird noises into a white cloth at her face (those are fun to play with, too!). She also had a camera with her-- here's a picture of me 'n' Henry at the window. If you look closely, you can kinda see his dark stripes. um..well...having posting problems, will try the picture later. And she kept calling me "baby"...her voice sounded kinda familiar. Then my stuff got packed up and I was taken to another car. And we took off. I was meowing loudly to let this lady know that I didn't like being taken from my brofu and I had been purfectly happy at that place! This went on for a while..then I started sniffing the car. I knew this! Then I remembered-- this was Mom!! I was so happy!! I sat in her lap purring the whole trip and stood up for the occasional face lick. The ride was taking fur-ever, I just couldn't wait to get home..and then I didn't feel so good. I got up and went to the back on Mom's poncho and...had an accident. It was really stinky in the car! Luckily, we were only 2 minutes from home, but she didn't blame me for it. oops...I will have to finish this later!


The Meezers said...

we is glad you is back and that you hadded a good time!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nemo, we are so glad that you are back! We missed you so much. Our Moewmie checked you blog everyday to see whether you were back.
We loved hearing about your "ordeal". Can't wait to see some pictures.

Derby said...

Nice to have a new furiend. Sometimes it just takes longer to make that furiend.

Pet's are 4 Life said...

Welcome back home Nemo! My MeiLin was very interested in hearing about your car ride, as we are going on one to visit our grandma today.