Tuesday, June 13, 2006

a fish?!

I'm named for a fish??!! Daddy came up with it -- something about "we have to keep finding nemo" - like it's my fault they're too big to fit in all the places I can go or something. I'm a feline- they don't need to know where I am all the time, that's my business to know where they are, I have no problem finding them. I was ok with it, 'til I was searchin' the 'net and discovered that it's a FISH!!!!

..a fish with a cat-curious personality, maybe..but still....a FISH!!!

have to give momma points, though--- she tried to get it changed...Macavity sounded neat....Munchkin sounded like a snack...and O.G. sounded good (short for "opera ghost", cuz I keep disapearin' 'n' stuff..again, so what? I'm a cat, that's what I do..oh, and freakin' people out, too-- apparently, that's what this "Phantom of the Opera" does..sounds like a cool character). Then they said "Nermal" -- 'cuz I look like him and act like him-- cute li'l gray & black kitten that gets into trouble....hey!..oh, and bugs someone called 'Garfield'.

although momma said that maybe when I get bigger I could be "Captain Nemo" and they'd get me my own ship so I could conquer the world (and eat fish!)..that sounds like fun, so maybe Nemo isn't that bad after all...if I get my own ship.

Oh- and thanks to Moseskitty for spreading the word and thanks for all the friendly welcomes!!

14 comments:

Spock said...

Hi Nemo!! Welcome to the catblogospere!! Drop by anytime & if you need help with anything all you need to do is ask.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Welcome to the catbloggin community Nemo. Nice to meet you. You can drop by and pay me a visit and see all my brofurs and sisfurs.

*ABBY

Shaggy and Scout said...

Hi Nemo! Beau sent word to us you are here! We live in Minnesota with 6 guinea pigs. Are you an orange cat? We know an orange cat named Nemo. Come bisit us when you have the time. Welcome!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi Nemo! Drop by our blog sometime! Welcome to the cat blogging community.

The Crew said...

Hi Nemo

Welcome to the cat blogging community. We think Captain Nemo is a great name for you to grow into. Tell us where you live and post a picture! Stop by and see us.

George, Tipper & Max
The Crew

Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

Hi Nemo, nice to meet you!! We heard 'bout your blog from Beau and wanted to stop by and welcome you!!

Maggie, Molly & Lucy Too said...

Hi Nemo
I heard about your blog and wanted to come say hi. I am glad there is another little kitty around. Now I have someone to play with. I am only 3 1/2 months old and its hard being the small kid on the block

Zeus said...

Hello Nemo!

Welcome to the feline blogosphere! I cannot wait to read more about you!

Zeus and Isis and their human pet

Anonymous said...

Hi Nemo. I'm glad to meet you. I hope you have a lot of fun on the cat blogosphere. You are about to make a lot of good friends here. One of them, Beau, let me know you were here.

I'm not a blogger but I do have five indoor kitties that I love very much. I am what is known as a lurker. (Means that I drop by and read your blog and comments without usually writing any of my own. There's always exceptions! :-) )


Dee

Just Ducky said...

Nemo, does your mum like musical theatre? 'Cuz some of the names she wanted to gives you come from Lord Lloyd Webber musicals.

But welcome to the gang little one. Stop by and visit when you gets time.

Mathias42 said...

Good thing you clarified the fishie name thingie. We wouldn't want any of the kitty bloggers to try and eat you....they'd get terrible hairballs if they did.

Victor Tabbycat said...

Ahoy there, Captain Nemo! Welcome aboard. My mom once knew a cat named Sushi... I fink Nemo is a cuter namesake.

Myst and Blackie said...

Hi, Nemo... our friend Beau lead us to you... welcome to blogging. We look forward to reading more about you.

Unknown said...

Welcome Nemo - we can't wait for you to stop jumping at the camera at least once so we can really see how cute you are! -- Alberta Sky, Blackie and Charlie